Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

First Person

Okay, so after much thought, I have decided that Ruined will be strictly a first person game.
I know, I know, I had had plans to support both first and third person - as you could see in previous screenshot - and even went as far as to get a stream animation system specifically customized for the player.

The problem stems from two issues

  1. Lack of time
  2. Complexity
I have given myself a set time frame for the production of Ruined and I simply do not have enough time to work out all of the different content needed for both first and third person views. The amount of work it was taking to support both modes seamlessly throughout the game was to much of a burden...

Luckily! I can promise you, now that I've switched to first person view, that I will put all of my time and effort into this one view type.

No comments:

Post a Comment