Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Need a screen recorder

Okay, it turns out that I need a good screen recorder to start showing off some of the dynamic things in the game - it's kind of hard to show animation in pictures.
So in the meantime, I guess I'll have to show off some of the things that don't need to be seen with their animated effects.

As I mentioned I have the item system mostly done. When an item is received it is shown, rotating on the screen like this:
A "Small Key" received from a chest.
Items can be received from anywhere: chests, people, stores containers...

Next we have a floor-switch. A floor-switch is a switch that is activated when jumped on. These switches have their own event handlers so they can be programmed to do anything!

A floor-switch, on the floor
If you look up in the top of this picture you'll see the compass, which was added to aid navigation to destinations and quests.

Hopefully when I find an free or open source screen recorder, I can start uploading videos of all of the cool components working.

No comments:

Post a Comment